First Aid for Sport and Active Leisure is a two day qualification that covers key aspects of sports injury. As well as fundamental lifesaving skills.
This two day qualification covers key aspects of sports injury. This includes fundamental lifesaving skills as well as sports specific first aid concerns.
What you will learn:
- Basic life support procedures in a sporting context
- How to manage sport injury and pitch side return to play decisions
- How to manage blows to the body
- How to manage possible compartment syndrome
- How to manage other common sporting injuries How to manage specialist sports equipment e.g. gum shields and helmets
- When you should and shouldnt use ice
Who should attend: Those over 16 years of age who want to learn how to administer first aid to sport related injuries.
Dates and Times:
- 27/04/19 09:00-17:00
- 28/04/19 09:00-17:00
If you are over 16 years old and a sports participant, spectator, coach or any other involved adult interested in sport specific first aid then this is the course for you.
For more information please contact Rachel Wilson, Social Sport and Coach Education Co-ordinator via email or at 0113 343 0211